Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tis the season

Here are some pictures of the annual singles ward outing to Temple Square. It's one of my very favorite holiday traditions. When I was in Argentina, everyone told me I had to go and enjoy it every single year since they would never be able to. I feel so blessed to live so close to church headquarters. It really does provide a lot of blessings that I take for granted. My friends in Argentina would give anything to come and experience Temple Square first-hand. It reminds me of when my friend Nicole from Hawaii came to Utah for the first time. I took her to Temple Square, and she took one step inside the gates, looked around in amazement, and the Spirit just hit her, and she said 'The church is true'.

Yes, it is and I'm so grateful to be a part of it.


This is one of the ornaments we made at work to decorate our office Christmas tree. Every year during the first week of December, we do the '5 Days of Christmas' at work, where we do festive and creative things like make ornaments and Christmas cards. (We gotta use up all the free paper they keep sending us! :)


4 comments:

caron said...

Nice pictures! I like the luminarie one the best :)

Melissa said...

I need to go see the lights. Lookin' good.

Unknown said...

Great pictures Christy! Temple Square was so beautiful, and you did a good job capturing that!

Mauri said...

Wow, those are really great pics. Way to capture it all! So, did you ever move up into my neck of the woods?