Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm a superstar

So we had our ward Christmas party last weekend, and we had a white elephant gift exchange. I thought it would be hilarious to bring this T-shirt I got at work that says, 'I'm a scrapbooking superstar!' It was from our big Scrapbooker of the Year contest. Anyway, I was so hoping that someone with a sense of humor would get it....and seriously I couldn't have asked for a better recipient than Garrett. He opened it up, took one look at it, and exclaimed in delight...YESSSS! He then proceeded to put it on and wear it for the rest of the night. It was perfect.

This weekend, we went to the Texas Roadhouse for Scott and Laurie's birthdays. They have one of the best restaurant birthday celebrations I've ever witnessed. When we told our waiter that we had some birthdays, he wheeled out this giant horse saddle mounted on this wooden rolly thing, and made them sit in the saddle while the whole place gave them a big Yee-haw! It was fabulous.

P.S. I have officially dropped out of "the club". Those who need to know will understand what that means.

P.P.S. Today I received one of the best compliments ever that totally made my day. Someone called me an "elf at heart". I love it! She was talking about it in reference to this contest I'm running on my website at work where people tell us their Christmas "wishlist" of scrapbooking supplies. Then I pick a winner and grant them their wish. Fun! I love trying to make other people happy and doing festive little behind-the-scenes things, so if that makes me an elf, just give me some pointy little shoes and call me Trixy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the shirt. by the way, you look way good in that picture. have you been working out?

Melissa said...

My bro and sis-in-law made a scrapbook for my parents for Christmas. Since it was a last minute gift, my bro helped out with the project. Apparently, he really got into it and kept exclaiming things like "I'm a scrapbooking genius!" We were all laughing when we heard about it from my sis-in-law. I'd better get him one of those sweet shirts.

Mauri said...

As more than one of my constituents (at least they would be if I had a constituency) likes to say, I heart that shirt. It sounds like there's another good story to be told, perhaps in a less public venue. :)