Wednesday, November 15, 2006

North South Jordan

I successfully moved this past weekend, and I am now an official resident of North South Jordan (more commonly known as West Jordan). You may be curious as to why I am referring to my new place of residence as North South Jordan. It's quite simple, you see, I grew up in South Jordan and our #1 rivals were those 'other side of the tracks' West Jordanites. So it may take a little getting used to before I can say I live in West Jordan.

I am loving my new place thus far. Props to my new ward's Elder's Quorum. They insisted on helping me move, and we got everything done in about 2 hours (this is including driving time). I didn't even have to ask, they just arranged everything for me. Also, I would just like to point out all the driving time I will be saving with my new locale. Everything is so much closer! For example, just look at the difference of some of my most-frequently visited places:

The grocery store:
SLC: 7 minutes
WJ: 3 minutes

The gym:
SLC: 15 minutes
WJ: 4 minutes

Target:
SLC: 25 minutes
WJ: 5 minutes

South Jordan:
SLC: 20 minutes
WJ: 10 minutes

Work:
SLC: 25 minutes
WJ: 20 minutes

So, now I will have the luxury of developing a new hobby with all my extra free time. I think I will sign up for guitar lessons.

The Heart of Sanpete County

My knowledge on Sanpete County has recently been expanded. Did you know that in Sanpete County, you will find the very center of Utah (the hub if you will)? Did you also know that a wooly mammoth skeleton was found in the mountains of Sanpete County and is now on display at the Fairview Historical Museum? I also learned what a Fat Stick is, and I learned the official song of Sanpete County. Here's to Sanpete County!! You really should take a vacation there, it's quite enjoyable. :)

5 comments:

caron said...

You also need to include the fact that they moved 1 girl out of your apt and 3 girls into 2 apts in a little over 2 hours. It was quite impressive. Go MV 9th ward! And three cheers for WEST Jordan! I, too, have struggled a little with the cross over, but I think I have come to terms after a year and a half.

caron said...

I think I speak for both of us WEST jordanites when I say you are welcome any time, Rebecca. We have a multiplicity of activities for you to come and check out the selection. We even have a picture ward directory if you want to peruse before hand. And even if you don't find your soul mate, they are good times. I'm a fan.

Anonymous said...

I also have become more aware of Sanpete county and few of my favorite things are:
historical markers
two kinds of dipping sauce
the penny candy store
the temple
a mysterious building with fire in it
potential sites for a Moroni statue
chocolate milk
don't eat pete
magic tricks
livin on a prayer

Christy said...

rebecca, i will keep you posted on the ward pickins.

anne, i forgot to mention magic glasses, changing clothes in the car 101, and tin plates.

Melissa said...

Hooray for Sanpete County.