Tuesday, September 05, 2006

29.5 hours, 619 miles, 1 almost failed campfire, 10 numb toes, and $800 later...

I made it to Bryce Canyon! And was it ever cool. I have never seen anything quite like it...it was seriously amazing. It's so extremely cool how the rocks have eroded to be what they are--and so many all in one place. Wow! Really that's all I can say--WOW!

I must say that we had quite the adventure. We could not start a fire for the life of us, so we just left to set up the tent after burning all the paper we could find, and left our tin foil dinners in the fire pit, hoping they'd cook in the heat of the burning paper. But when we came back, the logs had finally lit on fire. I can't explain how it happened, but it was unbelievable. Then I had an unfortunate mishap with a tree as I was backing out of the campground,which is why this trip cost me $800. Don't worry, the tree is OK. Hopefully my car will be too. At least the trunk still shuts. And now I have an excuse to get the stalker key scratches fixed.


And now the summer is officially drawing to a close. I think I'll wear black all week for proper mourning. But to celebrate the last day of summertime (OK, I know it doesn't officially end til the 21st or so, but we all know it really ends on Labor Day.) I went hiking, and had a blast. Goodbye summer of 2006--and hello fall! Season of football games, corn mazes, apples, the fair, pumpkins, and my favorite holiday--Halloween!



2 comments:

Melissa said...

Bryce Canyon is pretty blasted stunning. I love Utah.

Christy said...

this year's halloween party is already in the works...theme is pirates