Saturday, May 13, 2006

Top 5 reasons to live in SLC

I would just like to point out a few of the things I like about living in SLC:



1. This is the view from the track at West High School, where I go jogging.


2. I can see the conference center, church office building and the Key bank building from my bedroom windown, and I can enjoy the sunset over the west mountains from my living room window.




3. Where else can you find a Joseph Smith sphynx? Only in Gilgal Park. You'll be amazed at what else is there, too!




4. The following are within 3 blocks of my house: Brigham Young Park (concerts start in June), the temple, conference center, Church History Museum, Family History Center, TRAX station, Memory Grove, Capitol Building, the prophet's apartment, Crown Burger, this little Mexican restaurant I want to try out, and who knows what else? The possibilites are endless!





5. I have not seen any dogs since I moved. Hurray!








OK, there are some not-so-great things, too. Here's the worst 5:



1. There is a traffic light on every block. Annoying!







2. The Laundromat.


3. There is no Marv Jenson's. I have been to every gym in the city (except for the really expensive ones) and I haven't found anything I like.


4. Smokers. Lots of them.



5. I have to fill up my car tons more than before...and with the price of gas these days....



2 comments:

caron said...

Where is that Gilgal Park? It looks a little crazy-- wonky, if you will.

Melissa said...

I much prefer running in Salt Lake. I love to jog through the Avenues and look at all the old houses--so much more fun than cookie-cutter suburbia. Plus, you never know what you'll stumble upon--like a little trail and stream I discovered a few weeks ago. Ah, yes.

But, you're right, we do have the Marv. And the Marv is outstanding.